Friday, September 26, 2008

UPDATE: CS2 is FIXED!!! I called the Mac Doctor, who came to my rescue and fixed photoshop in record time. It was pretty neat to watch his method - connecting to my computer and checking things out from his end. I watched the mouse move around and open different files.. anyway he is a miracle worker!

So sorry for the hiatus! I haven't really been up to anything exciting, other than fighting with the Adobe Creative Suite and the Lettings agency (De Havillande Holdings - spread the word) to get my deposit back.

I did get out last night with a guy I met while I was in London for the Contiki tour. He gave me a bit of an orientation with the area of London we were in (Soho) and explained to me what some of the Canadian terms I was using meant over here. Oops!
We went to Carnaby Street, which I learned was quite famous in the 60s. I'll post an excerpt from Wikipedia, because it sums it up nicely.



Wikipedia on Carnaby St:
"By the 1960s, Carnaby Street was popular with followers of both the hippie and Mod style. Many independent fashion boutiques, and designers such as Mary Quant and Lord John, Take Six and Irvine Sellars were located in Carnaby Street as well as various underground music bars such as the Roaring Twenties in the surrounding streets. With bands such as The Beatles, Small Faces, and Rolling Stones appearing in the area to work (the legendary Marquee club was round the corner in Wardour street), shop, and socialize, it became one of London's coolest destination associated with the Swinging Sixties."

I finally was able to curb my craving for vegan pad thai at a place called "Mangosteen" and then to some eccentric dive sort of bar which I don't think I bothered to read the name of. It reminded me a lot of the Bovine in Toronto, only lacking the burnt plastic dolls adhered to the walls.

Anyways this is what I have been drinking, sweet succulent Swedish ciders!!

No comments: