Sunday, September 7, 2008

DAY 3

I finally have adjusted to the new time zone and was able to get a decent sleep! Today was my first day not being a big giant crust-muffin.

After being a bit disappointed by Whole Foods, I plotted a trip to a nearby Organic shop called Planet Organic on Westbourne Grove (a very hip street), which was rumoured to be pretty awesome as far as vegan supplies goes!

I realized on the walk I had barely taken any photos of my surroundings, so on the way home, with my heavy bag of vegan delights, I went snap-happy. So here are a few photos from my hood:

There are A LOT of these row houses around - I was standing in the centre of about 6 blocks of them. It was sort of like being on a film set - a bit eerie.

I think there were about 3 churches on this street.

This to me (below) is so typically London - I love it!!


A mysterious hot pink door....

A London garage. They pronounce it like "Gare-ahhge"

At the entrace to Kensington Gardens, just around the corner from my buiding.

Notting Hill Gate.

The Rus. Embassy has some pretty mean spikes!

This is my building (above).

And my street - with a lovely pole in the middle. Not caring too much with having to use my craptacular camera.

We have a pretty old school "lift" in the building. You just never know if you're going to make it to your floor.

I am pretty excited about my vegan finds. They had EVERYTHING! I saw a box of easy-make vegetarian "bangers" (English sausages) which I will go back for - and this award winning Ice Cream + the best soy-yogurt I have ever tasted from France AND a large variety of vegan nutella.

Today I bought vegan truffles, which were INCREDIBLE!!

This German soy-creamer container is pretty rad!


I have lots of ideas what to bring back for my vegan sis Sammie!

I spent a bit of time (between the spitting) out on the balcony today. I have to keep pinching myself because I can't believe my eyes. Here are a couple shots of Notting Hill from above:


No comments: