Tuesday, September 30, 2008

ENROLLED!!

Today was enrollment day at Central Saint Martins. I had to go wait in a queue to fill out some massive sheet of paper and then move on to another queue to show all my supporting documents and yet another queue to get my student card. I ran into Emilia who was on her way out. She waited for me to accomplish this business (and helped me solve a few puzzlers on the sheet).

We explored the school pretty thoroughly, so here are some pics from around the ancient (and creaky at times) buildings.

Emilia and her slow baked cookies! Yum!

The building has a few turrets!


Pretty awesome shot that Emilia took!

The floor of the ghetto lift we were taking.
Peering out the window from the Red Lion building where we have our first class - on the 11th floor!!! Most of the windows have signs on them saying "WEAK WINDOWS - please do not press against"

This is looking at the other side of the building - that turret is where we had come from.

You can see the London Eye!!
The library spans 3 floors and has an extensive DVD and magazine collection.
It also contains a collection of various materials and odd bits which serve some purpose.. hmm.. ??
This was just laying around in the corridor by the lift with a sign "Free stuff, Please take!"

Emilia pretending to give a powerpoint presentation in the Innovation Centre... I'm not sure what the Innovation Centre is all about, but I will let you know when I do.

A display by "Design Against Crime" in the Innovation Centre.
Some dude checking out the Innovation Centre Gallery.
Emilia demonstrating the peculiar couch - made of plastic with an insulation of foam - you can feel it if you press your finger into it - still not very comfortable to sit on.

Emilia and I agreed, our school is pretty rad!! Very excited for class to commence on Monday. We have rotation the first 10 weeks - so we don't have class with the same people at all.

Now I have a giant Graphic Design and Rules & Regulations book to go through!

No comments: