Saturday, September 13, 2008

DAY 9

Up early, yet again, it was time to check out Hyde Park, seeing as how it is virtually next door.
We went down the gated Kensington Palace Rd. (the road parallel to mine) and checked out all the monstrosities.
Lots of embassies and Russian homes in there.


Fancy living here??


We got a bit sidetracked by the entrance to Kensington Palaces State Apartments "Open to the public."

Although it did cost £12, so we skipped going inside.




Lots of gardens!

This royal chipmunk was not shy, storing his chesnut for winter..






... And onto Hyde Park. There were tons of kids playing, people jogging and a soccer match was taking place while we were there.

The pond with some beach chairs scattered about...

Queen Victoria keeping an eye on her park

Some artists using the park as their studios

We didn't get too far into the park as I had my hair appointment this afternoon, so we headed down to Kensington High St. to go back to PC World to get the bloody USB cord that attaches my printer (should have been included with the printer!).

One last look at the palace/park. I know, I take too many photos!

Not a very good pic, but I was pretty excited about this discovery:

Last stop - Wholefoods, where I stopped in my tracks when I saw VEGAN chocolates at the Chocolatier counter!!! Mmmm.. I ate them too quickly to take a photo...

Fabrice, the silly Frenchman cut/coloured my hair and it looks much better!
I received some mail today, odd for a Saturday?!! But it was a bank statement, which I'm pretty certain I can use to switch my cell phone into my name and out of poor Carols!
I also got a letter from the TV Licencing place. I have to call them to let them know if I will be requiring a TV licence (£139) or if I do not. If I say no, they will send someone to inspect my flat to ensure I'm not a liar. Hmmmmm... strange policy.

No rain yet, what a perfect day!

No comments: