Wednesday, September 10, 2008

DAY 5

Not having the internet is getting a bit frustrating - since the connection i'm using (thank you again #98) only works sometimes!

The printer I ordered was supposed to be delivered today in a vague bracket of 7am to 6pm. This of course meant I had to wait around all day! I was sort of happy about just hanging about the flat. It was the first beautiful looking day so we had morning coffee on the terrace.

Carol was coming over before tea incase the printer hadn't shown up and I had to stay home.

God bless cousin Carol, as soon as she heard they would not give me a phone, she accompanied me to the mobile company and arranged for me to get a mobile. I felt awful, they took all her information - copied her licence and visa and made her sign the contract. They wouldn't even send me the bill, it had to come directly out of her account. I prepaid her for the first month, after that I would be able to switch it over in my name and attach it to my account. I required a bill in order to do that, but wouldn't be issued any until the end of the month. It was ridiculous! We chatted between the info exchange, which seemed to take forever.

We were late to tea, I had to stay home because the blasted printer hadn't come, but I was thrilled to have a phone - and the service provider offers 2-for-1 Wednesday cinema tickets every week!

Carol even invited me for dinner sometime and offered to pick me up and take me anywhere I needed to go - i.e. ikea (on the outskirts of the city) and show me around the countryside!!

No comments: