Thursday, September 11, 2008

DAY 7

Since I had discovered my printer order had been canceled for no apparent reason - after having to call the company to find out, 2 days after it was supposed to be delivered - I thought I had better pick one up while I was near High St. Kensington. I had to make a visit to Town Hall and let them know I was student (this way I would be exempt from council tax).

I had all my papers when I went into the giant brick square building. The lady behind the desk was very nice, but informed me my course did not meet the hours per week requirement to be excused from paying council tax. The letter from my school stated a "minimum of 15 hours" and I had to prove it would be at least 24. I couldn't believe it! No one had mentioned the hour requirements!
At least I qualified for the single persons deduction. Not impressed.

The printer shopping went well, but lugging it home was tricky. That pretty much wiped me out for the remainder of the day, and I couldn't manage to take any photos with my arms full. Tomorrow I would have to catch up! My bank card should be here, so I can FINALLY get BT to come and hook up my landline. Fingers crossed!!

No comments: