Wednesday, September 10, 2008

DAY 4

I gave up the photographing today - just wanted a relaxing day with no tricky processes to attempt to wrap my head around. I went to purchase a student oyster card for the tube, but was told I had to go through my school.

After making a tea date with cousin Carol for the following day, using the leasing agents telephones we got a day pass for the tube and headed over to the Bond St. stop on Oxford St.
This is the main shopping area - mostly for tourists. Most of the big department stores were here - Debenhams, Selfridges, Liberty and John Lewis. We stopped in to Selfridges to check out the merchandise. The building was at least 3 blocks long. Inside there was a mile long list of services - anything you could think of, incl. 23 restaurants. I realized quickly that it must be verrrry easy to empty your pockets in London - fabulous clothes everywhere!!!

I passed the Urban Outfitters at Oxford Circus and went in to see what they had. On a mission to find a vegan fast food joint (Red Veg) I had heard about, we took the tube to Tottenham Court Rd and wandered endlessly looking for it. No luck. I left the address at the flat and no one seemed to have any idea this place even existed. Finally we headed back home to make our own lunch. On a happy note - the pound has gone down... the rate is about 1.5!!!!

Apparently there are no regular band-aids at the pharmacy - only these:

No comments: