Sunday, May 1, 2011

NATURE POST CARDS

As far as the postcards go, this is what I've got that i'm quasi-happy with. The first two, I was sort of haphazardly stabbing at something. I wanted to invoke the Canadian flag/colours in there somehow.


This is when I started to get somewhere. I thought it would be nice to include a bit of Canadian nature in the post card. So I used some of the wild flowers I collected and pressed.


I liked the opaque box on this, when I wanted to add a hint of the towns 'rustic' charm.

The London version of the post card, using a thinner version of Gill Sans and Baskerville in place of Walbaum for the small type.

So that's where I'm at now. I still need to scan and compile the Palm Springs images, that is to happen on Tuesday! Can't wait to see the photographs from California!

No comments: