Monday, May 2, 2011

COACHELLA - PART II

The Coachella memories are beginning to fade now. It's become a pleasant dream. I'm happy to be sorting through the visuals, preparing for a project on the experience. We both kept a sketchbook/diary of the adventure, though it was difficult to maintain the momentum and got a bit behind. Today I'm planning on catching myself up. I photographed on 4 different cameras - Olympus DSLR and Pentax 6x7 for everything outside of the venue, as per the regulation no 'professional cameras permitted inside the venue' and the Ricoh compact digital and Olympus Pen half frame inside. So essentially 1 x film + 1 x digital for each scenario. Considering our documentary, I recorded some snippets of the trip on the Ricoh.

I have to say I was not impressed with the Ricoh photographs. There is a chance that I just don't know how to use this camera properly yet - because some of the images were great, but very few.

DAY ONE - ARRIVE + SET UP












DAY TWO - MUSIC COMMENCES


DAY TWO


DAY THREE

DAY FOUR - LEAVING PALM SPRINGS
















No comments: