Tuesday, May 3, 2011

FINAL POST CARD DESIGNS

I've finished the final post card designs now, thanks to Rathna's help with the last bit of details. I scanned and completed the final composite image from California (it's my favourite!).

I spent the entire day in the photo studio scanning, pre and post-meeting with Rathna. It's like a time abyss, I start scanning, look up and 4 hours have gone!

I ended up missing the lunch meeting on account of being in the zone. I did managed to scan ALL of the negatives from California/Coachella, so I'm looking forward to getting those posted.

Overall, I was feeling more positive about my work today. Emilia and I had an interesting chat during our walk to Waterloo after uni. It was mostly an inquiry into how our perspectives on our own work came to be. Again this may be rather incoherent, as it's past my zombification hour. She is always quite relaxed and optimistic when it comes to her work. Whereas she mentioned that I am very negative and critical.

I'm not sure it's possible to change, but more than just realizing this, I am starting to at the very least strive to listen to myself and go with my own instinct rather than create things solely based on others opinions and suggestions.

Annnyway, just something I've been giving a lot of thought to since our discussion!
Here are the post card designs!



No comments: