Sunday, May 15, 2011

HOLY MACARONI!

So the documentary has been giving me trouble! I noticed when I added the text in for the title/between sequences/credits, the text went fuzzy as you may have seen in the last videos I posted.

It was the compression settings, so I had to fiddle around with them - the text still looked awful until I changed them to 'none.' The file may be huge, but at least the text looks sharp. So the intro/mid-sequence/credits are done. I've fixed most of the sound and added some music. All that's left is to finish filming the last of the progress (screenprinting = Tues, folding, etc.). Here's a few screen caps of the text for the film.





Next up, we have the Coachella fanzine dealio to go with/in the music publication posters. Emilia and I have decided we are going to make them A5 and two sided - so if you flip them one way you can read her perspective, turn it the other way and SHAZAAM! my perspective. We're also discussing doing it in black & white (like the posters) or possibly in one colour. These are how my layouts are looking at the moment.




I just finished home screenprinting some envelopes I made for the post cards. I took the A3 bamboo paper print of the California one to get framed this morning : )

Can't really see the text on the darker khadi paper, but the bamboo looks good!




These bad boys took about 4 hours to fold. They were extremely difficult to fol, as the paper is MUCH thicker than expect. They're not perfect but at £140 to print, can't afford to redo. My back is about to go after all the hunching over today. Need to get these chopped down industrial style at Uni.


All this progress feels really good. I feel like I'm about to keel over at any given moment, but I can't believe how much I've accomplished.

No comments: