Sunday, May 8, 2011

DOCUMENTARY! FINALLY SOMETHING TO SEE!

I haven't really posted much about the documentary yet, mostly because I had hours upon hours of footage that needed editing. I've been receiving A LOT of help from a film wizard, George. I have learned that you need to be ruthless in cutting out repetition and bits that Emilia and I get, but the audience wouldn't understand. Also you don't need to show the entire process over and over, generally just give an indication, or demonstrate once quickly, then show initial engagement and future outcomes. It was very difficult to delete the footage of Aaron singing in the shower and Emilia wearing a mud mask during one of our work sessions.

Now I've cut those numerous hours down into 3 increments, 2 of approximately 3 minutes and one 'featurette' which is 7 minutes (down from 2 hours, which it was after the initial edit). The fourth and final installment is yet to be filmed (the finishing of the publication) but I am planning on filming a sort of reflection/summary interview with Emilia and I at the end, where you will get to see a few clips of our experience at gigs and so forth.

Lastly, I need to put proper intros (text) over some black transition screens and do the beginning & end credits. But it's exciting to see it all coming together. I'm a bit concerned with the quality of the footage, but I think it suits it's purpose quite fittingly. The reflection interview is going to be filmed on a higher quality camera to correspond with the notion that by the end of the process things are more refined and polished.

So this is the current stage of the documentary.

Part 1


PART 2 (featurette)


PART 3

No comments: