Saturday, November 6, 2010

the language of Nature

I am continuing with my exploration of nature. I have had great difficulty in coming up with experiments to discern the messages to humanity from our environment. After asking my tutor Rathna for help, something she said sparked a few ideas.

One thing I have always wanted to muck about with is sound. I decided I would do a series of recordings of nature and overlay them to see what nature's voice sounded like. I fear it may resemble this:



or my long lost sound therapy alarm clock.

I am interested in the texture of natural objects and therefore I am working on a series of macro photos which I will also overlay to (hopefully) get a rich pattern. The two variations I am testing out will be 1 collection of various natural objects (rocks, water, clouds, leaves, bark, birds, soil, berries, etc) and 1 set of plant textures. It's a bit tricky using film (the only macro lens I have access to) so most of that experiment will have to be completed once I can take in my negatives on Monday. Yikes.

In the meantime I took a few images on my digital and overlapped them to see what it might look like.

Certainly interesting and wildly colourful. I wonder what deviations using film might have!

No comments: