Friday, November 19, 2010

Essay Tree - Part deux

The tree construction is going a lot more fluidly now. Even though it looks slightly demented, I am growing quite partial to it - my housemates too. I think we're even going to use it as our Christmas tree after this project is over. It's reminiscent of that story about a sad fir tree no one wanted to buy because it was so ugly and bare. Of course the story ends with a child (ja?) who comes and gives the tree a happy life. I do buy all the bad/damaged objects out of sympathy. Character is good!


Mache finito!


The beginning of the note adherence. During the process I realized that I certainly have enough notes to cover the entire tree!

Pretty much finished the note adherence! Today I build a stand and finish the essay 'bark.'

To read a bit about the various means which paper production effects our environment (the issue is not simply deforestation!), check out this information from the Clean Water Action Council in Wisconsin.

No comments: