Monday, November 15, 2010

Tree time

One of my ideas for the dissertation visual is to demonstrate where our printed essays are coming from - lovely trees. Deforestation is the leading cause of greenhouse gases and there are plenty of sustainable alternatives to wood pulp paper. I am building a tree out of wire mesh and paper mache. The plan is to make my essay into the leaves. Now I'm not really sure how to achieve this without it looking terrible, but the uber helpful guy at B&Q gave me a demo how he would go about it.

My mesh tree, that cannot stand on it's own.


Roots.


Mache with flour and water paste.

In other news, my edible ink has arrived all the way from sunny California.

Curiosity can bite you in the ass. I opened the bottle to see what it was like. I tried a little and managed to get it all over me.
These Canadian francophones are providing me with some inspiration:


No comments: