Saturday, October 16, 2010

INTERESTING FACTOIDS FROM MY NOTEBOOK

OK, so I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to learning interesting facts. I always write them down, even if they bare no relevance to anything.

I am avoiding doing any actual work by reexamining my non-dissertation section of my notebook and I stumbled upon a few notes that I felt like sharing with the world (or all 4 of you potential blog followers).

I read a book called THE POWER OF PLACE by Winifred Gallagher and apparently this is all I extracted from that book

1. There are doctors out there using pulsations from electomagnetic fields to try and heal bones and have had some success.
2. Solar magnetic storms were found to be linked to increasing admissions into psychiatric hospitals.
3. Computer screens effect the nervous system.
4. The sense of novelty jacks up adrenaline.

WHAT ELSE?

My context tutor told me that boiling a kettle uses as much energy as a fridge does in an entire day. Further research has confirmed this. Time to limit tea consumption, and ensure not to boil more water than necessary.

FINALLY, some music.
This is the song that enabled the near waterwork encounter at the Villagers gig.
Thanks to Emilia for finding this!

No comments: