Wednesday, October 6, 2010

GIG-I-NESS

I've been to a couple bloody stellar gigs in the past two days. It has been awhile since I have witnessed such grateful and humble musicians on stage, I was beginning to doubt their existence.

Fellow lumberjack, Dan Mangan, from Vancouver played at the Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen here in London. Naturally I had to go. Although I didn't take my video-able camera, I did manage to record a few songs from the Villagers who I saw last night at Scala.

Holy macaroni.

You have no idea the magnitude and resonance of Conor O'Brien's voice. There are no words. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for not capturing his new song, Memory/Memories? It nearly ignited the waterworks. Any musician capable of this is t-shirt purchase worthy (rare occurrence = student/poverty budget).





No comments: