Sunday, March 13, 2011

REFINERY/PROGRESSION

A few more bits to add to the layouts we've been working on. I kept tossing last night while I was reassessing the layouts in my head and felt this one needed colour. The green and pink look really nice together, probably because it reminds me of the London Calling, album by The Clash.

















So I tried adding some colour to the text to help subdue the London Calling association.

















I also played around with one of the many covers from this format. I keep thinking about the religion connotations attached to this project, so I decided to make it really obvious. The typeface Trajan seemed to be beckoning me to use it, since esthetically it seemed suitable.


























I'm working on another format, which is our giant 'ticket' shape. I really dig this as a cover. I keep using the colour opaque boxes because they embody the hazy glow of stage lights that is a key element of the whole gig experience.


















I thought it might be really nice to have an embossed cover with a little cut out in the shape of a cross. I did a wonderfully crappy mock up.


















No comments: