Tuesday, March 8, 2011

EPIC LONG DAY 2

HAPPY PANCAKE DAY EVERYONE!
I hope you all had your delicious (proper) thick pancakes. My favourite are strawberry, coconut, chocolate chip with mandatory maple syrup!

The second marathon working day Emilia and I had interims with Val and Paulus.
Val gave us suggestions who to contact, and told us to make it very personal, whereas Paulus thought it should be some sort of political statement. They both wanted us to really challenge ourselves and make the publication something extraordinary and unexpected. Paulus recommended seeing how far we could take it, even try to get sponsors involved, etc. I don't feel I really articulated our idea/concept very well when presenting to Paulus based on the feedback I received. I sometimes struggle when other people interject and have a hard time communicating key points.

We had a bit of a discussion following the feedback and agreed we would let the content determine what the outcome shall be. After Paulus' notion of making a political statement of sorts, our response was that what we really wanted to convey with our publication is quite simply how precious gig culture is to the spectrum of those involved.

Next we had lined up a tour at the Royal Albert Hall, where you are unable to take photos because they are copyrighted (lame) and finally Wilton's Music Hall. We saw Broadcast 2000 play there, and it's such a gorgeous rustic venue. The tour guide told us about one patron who had died there in a bar fight back in the 1870s? I think anyway, I have to check the date!

Because Emilia posted such an attractive photo of me on her blog..







































































No comments: