Saturday, March 12, 2011

LAYOUT WITH LOVE

So what we have here is the experiment stage of the music publication project.
We have done A LOT of research and are now working to compile what we have.

Emilia and I are working from grids we have discussed. So far I have gotten carried away with a 4 x 6 grid. For this particular grid we are using sheet music as a base. I realize I use sheet music in most of my projects... but this was Emilia's suggestion!

We did a quick design/layout brainstorming session after the We Are Augustines/The Boxer Rebellion interviews/gig to aid us in our approach.



















We are both working on possible layout ideas separately and will come together to have a look at the outcomes and discuss on Sunday.

This is what I have come up with thus far.

























Spreads with (mostly) filler text



























































Not too much into these covers... but I kept pushing til it went somewhere in the right direction..



























































this is closer to what I was after.

























I am feeling much happier since working on this project. It has been an absolute pleasure. I have been working with someone who I greatly admire and on a subject that never ceases to rocket my mood to the moon. Each day has been an adventure and my level of inspiration has been at an all time high. I am extremely positive about the outcome of this publication!

The recording of this video is atrocious (Em has MUCH MUCH better quality ones) but it's a teeny slice of our experience during the phenomenal The Boxer Rebellion show.

No comments: