Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Xmas Family Jumpers

I had to keep this Christmas design a secret! I made this traditional Canadian xmas pattern with cranberry chains, snowshoes, feathers, kissing balls and pinecones to screenprint onto jumpers. This was my gift to my family this year. I wanted them all to have to wear silly turtlenecks and pose for a family portrait (negatives need to be developed).

These are the initial sketches then drawn over in black...


Then they were scanned in and printed on transparency sheets, ready for the exposing machine!

I also made a few cards for friends as tests (see below).


Here are all the variants of the jumpers. It was impossible to find the exact same style/colour for everyone so some of them ended up being different. There were 13 all together. My nephew Eli arrived just in time for the holidays so he received a onesie as well.


Incase I haven't posted this yet...


No comments: