Sunday, January 30, 2011

MOVING FARTHER, BUT NOT FAR ENOUGH

At the interim crit for the bipolar project, I took the following:
1. An infographic documenting Emilia + I's symptometered journey to and from Uni
2. A graph charting each test subjects daily mania/depressive episodes over 3-4 days.
3. Two test subjects daily activity symptometer.

























































Now you will see the progression since the crit. I basically just started wildly attacking font treating it as if it were bipolar itself because I was feeling very lost.

What would a bipolar typeface look like? I was considering doing a font family as the various types of bipolar disorder to show the difference between type I, II, Cyclothymic and NOS (not otherwise specified) also commenting on how it is 70% genetically inclined.

All my racing mind could conceive was that a manic episode resembles a rocket and bipolar on a whole assimilated a ferris wheel. I wasn't sure how to go beyond simply skimming the surface of the subject.

Now it's nearly midnight and I have a new direction. Revisiting my feedback with Emilia, my design respirator, she described a book that she had been shown and suggested I work with the bipolar blog entries I visited eons ago. Now I am attempting to turn one of the blogger's manic episodes and one of the depressive entries into a story, playing with the typography.

At one point I was desperately considering submitting a cake in lieu of an outcome. While I was struggling this morning I decided to prepare a banana-date-walnut one with cream cheese frosting and play with the piping kit that I got from Lina. Sadly I ran out of icing sugar. I am so exhausted but fear sleep as it will bring me closer to needle time. Egads.






























No comments: