Monday, May 6, 2013

GETTING WILD WITH WEB ADS

Holy toledo!
Things have been busy!

New clients, old clients, broken computers, job offers, and I've barely had time to eat (other than many boxes of Oreos).

I just wanted to share some recent work, which won't be used, but was one of the first projects I had received that didn't require adhering to strict brand guidelines. It was also the first time I made a project colour palette for myself. I'll admit I got carried away. But it was fun.

I have a hard time with web ads. They aren't meant to look sleek, but generally serve the function of commanding your attention (while identifying the brand they represent). Making them is challenging because I tend to make everything clean, simple, and use bold colours sparingly. Creating them often feels like reading backwards, or using my opposing hand to write.

Here are some visuals:














No comments: