Sunday, May 12, 2013

AN ODE TO MY MUM


This bewildered-looking kid was born on October 19, 1954. 
Her name is Linda Sue Evans and she is my best friend. 

I felt it appropriate to write a little post about the incredible woman who raised me. 
As I've come to understand, it's not an easy thing raising three rambunctious mini people. 
Being a single parent to those goonballs seems a job only suitable for superheroes. 

Somehow, my mother managed to do a pretty bang up job and miraculously maintained sanity. 
Believe me, we provided every parenting challenge in the book. She was ceaselessly patient and kind, selfless and encouraging, and no matter the circumstance, she was always there. 

The only reason I've been able to have the experience I've been fortunate enough to have, is because of my mother. She believed in my dreams and capabilities more than I did. She did everything within her power to make them come to fruition. She took on three jobs to help support me through university, flew over to take care of my miserable butt when I wasn't feeling well in the UK, drove 2 hours in a broken car to help me take my giant sick computer to get fixed. 

So I want to share some of my favourite photos of my mum. 
The first one is a bit blurry, but I think she looks stunning. 

Love you mum!









No comments: