Saturday, July 9, 2011

I DON'T DO DELICATE (very well)

At the moment I am trying to illustrate some flourishes to adorn a poster/flyer with. The aim is to create something 'delicate' and 'elegant' and apparently it is no easy task! I believe my determination to achieve perfection is hindering the process. It's a struggle transitioning from coming up with something you are pleased with to trying to ascertain what someone else has in mind. Have a look at some of my (not so sexy) sketches...





The sketches have led me in the production of the following assortment of flourishes. I am trying to keep it connected to the nature of the poster/flyer, maintaining a musical-ish theme. I tried veering towards a sort of classical/elegant style but those ones ended up looking rather silly.


So what I have is not exactly what I was striving for (which appears impossible), but sometimes you have to make what you've got work for you. Here's hoping the client is pleased.

No comments: