Monday, January 19, 2009

DESIGN MUSEUM

On a misty London morning we ambled to the Design Museum to see the Alan Aldridge exhibition. It was organized through our school, but not mandatory.
I knew I needed to familiarize myself more with graphic artists, so I thought this would be a good way to do so.



I think I may have a bit of a fascination with London's popular attractions...

Some route scenery - the fake tree amongst real ones that Emilia pointed out..

From the Ex: Alan Aldridges... he did a lot of work for the Beatles and some book covers for penguin.


The man himself (below) .. I'm guessing this is a pretty outdated photo... but it was the only one on display.



Can't say I was attracted to his work, he did some pretty mean sketches.. but the children's book type illustration is not my cup of tea.

More visions of my surroundings during the stroll to the London Bridge tube station along the Thames.

No comments: