Thursday, November 27, 2008

PHOTOGRAPHY!!!

It was like taking a trip back to high school during the photography unit.
We were unleashed into the city to capture "colour" on black and white film... not the true stuff, but the kind that you can develop using colour processing (C41). I had always avoided that type of film, assuming the results would not be as authentic. Antique (Asahi Pentax k1000 c1960) cameras were distributed with only a standard lens - no zoom!

The photographing day was great, luckily it wasn't raining, just cold + I had a partner whose graphic work I admired, so I knew our photographs (we shared one camera) would be brilliant.

I think our footprints pretty well covered central London. Then there was the unfamiliar suspense (due to modern technology - digital cameras) of whether the film would turn out okay or not. I even had a nightmare that evening after discovering our settings were a bit off from that our film was indiscernable.

The next day we spent in the darkroom, making contact sheets and prints. Despite the lengthy procedure, I got quite a thrill out of revisiting the experience.


Above: our contact sheet.
Below: our prints!

No comments: