Friday, May 18, 2012

RUSHED WORK

I am currently undertaking some new brochure designs for my Aunties soap shop.
I've been having a bit of difficulty squeezing it into my hectic full time work schedule. I've spent the last few nights pulling it together late at night in the office. I am currently listening to some May 24 long weekend partiers across the street whilst I shift type, change colours, etc.

Here is what the design is looking like so far. It's a basic tri-fold on A4 paper. She's asked me to try and incorporate some photographs, so I'll post a couple of the variations I've been playing with.

Here is the initial cover, the illustrations are meant to show that her products go beyond just soap.


The layout of the inside spread



I love using texture in my work, so I tried placing a macro shot of one her products as a background.





I'm interested in the juxtaposition of colour and b&w, and thought it added a bit of sophistication to the brochure. I thought it would be nice to show a product and some of it's ingredients. I prefer a cleaner approach though.




It feels good to be back in the design saddle again, but not rushed to complete projects due to a shortage of time. It's tough being caught in the cycle of having to work to live, and not being able to have the time to spend on more fulfilling endeavours.

No comments: