Thursday, March 8, 2012

LONDON LIVING NO MORE

Well, I've left the buzzing culture behind and relocated to the country. I don't think I want to change the name of this blog however. Everything I post is the result of my experience in that phenomenal city. How I miss it's vibrancy.

So I shall post some music that I discovered during my time there.

What I'm listening to at the moment...



The new Maccabees album is fantastic. Vastly different from the last. It seems they've adapted their style to suit what's popular in music right now. More melodic and atmospheric than upbeat and foot–tapping. Love the woodsy scenery in their short film (below). If you have a fear of feet, don't watch!

 

 I was a huge fan of Kristin Gundred when she was in Grand Ole Party, so I was surprised to find how mainstream the Dum Dum Girls are. This damn song is always in my head though. Bloody catchy.

 

I have been digging the new Band of Skulls album Sweet Sour as well. Finding myself walking along singing the title track.

 

I absolutely adore Lisa Hannigan. I also happen to love this video, despite the whole thing taking place in the bath tub. She has great simple ideas for videos. The one for "What'll I do" (second down) was a filmed during a rollercoaster ride.

  That's it for now. I'll return with some Canadian discoveries!

No comments: