Saturday, March 10, 2012

ISOLATION LEADS TO...

I've been going stir-crazy in the forest. Since moving back home, resuming my teenage life residing with my parents, I've been bored out of my mind. I've decided to fill the London buzz void with home projects. The room I've been staying in has been begging for reorganisation. In it's present state, it simply isn't liveable. The closet is jammed with old storage boxes, my grandmother's clothes, stuffed animals and old photo albums. My belongings straight up don't fit. And I still have four giant boxes arriving by boat in a few weeks time.

My new office is in their open concept living/dining area. Productivity is not feasible when my mother is shaking her bootay on the other side of my screen, trying to get my attention. 

I spent the morning researching book shelves. I was amazed at the crafty ones people have come up with. Here are my favourites. 








Then I got hooked on seeking small office ideas, which led me to find great little houses for the back garden, thinking perhaps my mum and stepfather should throw one of these together!




I've done a good series of sketches, planning out how to transform the small room in order for it to be conducive to a working environment as well as encompass all my things. They have veto'd any drilling, so I've had to reconsider how to do this neatly. We have almost a house full of furniture stored in various places, so tonight I will go on a hunt to see what pieces I can incorporate. 

I've been enjoying the idea of building my old 'rustic' shelving. I mean, I'm in the bloody forest, there must be some slabs of useless wood lying about. These seem so easy to assemble (or find) and yet shops like Anthropologie are charging $2,000 for these pieces (round one at least).





See the 'before' state of my room plus my six year old skill level sketches below. 



Plotting closet organisation. 


General plan overview (initial)


Second draft


2D rendering, super professional!


Genius idea to shift pieces around for more storage space. 


Desk arrangement version 2.


1 comment:

Moving Boxes London said...

Thanks for sharing such informative post.