Monday, February 25, 2013

LONDON LOVING (for a little bit)

I was in London again, after a year-long absence. It felt like I had been on a lengthy holiday and finally returned home.

I've been trying to find some inspiration since it hasn't found me after I moved back to Canada.
There were some great exhibitions on at the time — Man Ray at the National Portrait Gallery, the Taylor Wessing prize (also at the National Portrait Gallery), a wildlife photography exhibition at the Natural History Museum, the Rain Room at the Barbican, etc etc. Sadly most were sold out or had MASSIVE queues due to my timely visit during the students half term. I did make it to see the Taylor Wessing photos.

Just being immersed in the city and the inherent culture was enough to get my creative juices flowing. I spent one day walking along the canal taking photographs with Emilia and Aaron. It felt great. I will post the film photos after I get my negatives developed and scanned. I thought a lot about reorganizing my flat upon returning to Canada, and turning into a proper live/work studio. 

I've decided I need to start working towards the career I want. I have a few goals: learn web design to redesign my site, and to create a well-curated portfolio. Also to network with other designers by attending events for creatives (two this week) and contacting them. Emilia and I are exploring options for publishing our wish book

In the meantime, here are the snazzy snaps taken on my iPhone!














































No comments: