Sunday, December 16, 2012

Recent work

My days at St Joseph Media are winding down. I was hired on a month ago as a "Design Assistant" after my very lovely and talented intern boss moved on to a new position at another company. The final week of my contract commences tomorrow. I thought I would share a few bits that I worked on which have recently been published in Toronto Life. Since I'm updating my portfolio, searching for the next chapter in my work life.

Building illustrations in the Sugarmoon ad

Most Influential event photo spread layout

Resizing/recreating BMW ad

Sketching holiday card for Quill & Quire

I haven't had any business cards for quite some time. I really wanted to make something that was more of an invitation than a standard business card. I have been missing screenprinting, and discovered a shop where I could get my screen exposed. Here is the outcome.



 Emilia and I have completed our top secret freelance project that we have been working like maniacs on. It feels good to finally have a scrap of free time again! We are waiting on the approval of the final design and then shall send it onwards to be printed and assembled accordingly. We're both pretty excited to see the outcome and share it with everyone. It has been absolutely magnificent reconvening as a design duo – despite the pesky ocean in the middle. As a design team we have a wonderful equilibrium, and Emilia has a great way of making hard work vastly more fun!




No comments: