Sunday, June 26, 2011

POST SHOW!

Much to do!
My makeshift website needs ample help! I am pretty clueless when it comes to website details.. I know the basics, as anyone who has watched some youtube tutorials does. I can't for the life of me discern how to make my site scaleable without tarnishing the image quality (it's a giant jpeg... have tried a png as well). That needs sorting out. I've got our resident web monkey nearby to assist me when I get some time!

I've been quite delayed on discussing the degree show, which came to an end so abruptly I feel as though I've near to plummeting over an unexpected metaphorical cliff.

My family flew over to come along, and it was fantastic to see them! It was really wonderful being able to spend (not even close to enough) time with them. It will have to tide me over for awhile, there isn't much room (or dinero) for a Canadian visit - impending gigs and a medical appointment.

I just discovered some rather crumpled business cards in the pocket of my dress, which was a bit of a score! They all disappeared, along with the intervals of A5s I made for industry perusers to pick up. My Bracebridge postcards were swiped by a couple degree show bandits... sneaky! I can't fathom why those ones, as opposed to the ones depicting cooler places around the globe, were attractive to our klepto friends. A laptop also went missing. It's such a shame. Art appreciators and critics cannot be trusted.

The turn out was pretty stellar and I was absolutely stunned by my peers incredible work. Lots of compliments on the variety and nature of the projects. So proud of everyone!! I took some photographs on the Olympus Pen, so those should be along shortly, once I finish the film!

So yeah, it's all over. I am now battling the anxiety/fear of whether I will be able to remain in the UK. London has become my home over the past three years. I would be devastated to have to leave this city that I love. It's terrifying for life to be so uncertain and being on the cusp of many conclusions. I shall know by mid-August if I will be granted a post-study visa. Our lease ends September 1st, so my housing situation cannot be determined until then also. The job market is pretty awful apparently, so I'm uncertain whether financially I can stay. Reality is scary.


You know I had to bake cupcakes for the industry night... well they were a thank you present for my tutor Rathna and Andy Inglis who was an incredibly benevolent host to Emillia and I at the Luminaire during our music publication research. I did have quite a few leftover to give out...


A strange mash up of two images of the Nicholls & Clarke building in Shoreditch where our show was held.

Inside the Nicholls & Clarke building


Setting up photography


Setting up in the room where Emilia and I had our shared space


Our shared space





No comments: