Wednesday, May 13, 2009

WHEN ART GOES AWRY

Sweet sass, today has been frustrating! I had this genius idea to make a cast of a head to contain my "thoughts" book, for my current project. I sculpted the head out of air dry clay this morning and was quite proud of myself, it looked decent for round 1. I quickly discovered after an experiment that it was impossible to make a cast out of a clay mold.

I disassembled the clay head and tried to mold it around my own face... that also did not work.
I then agonized over my destroyed clay masterpiece while Emilia helped me come up with an alternative plan. Next we tried strips of plaster over my face. I looked like a monster and the messy process failed too.

I tried to make a circular mold out of clay to pour the plaster into. It turns out that clay does not like plaster very much. I still haven't a clue what I shall do, but here are some of the photos from my dispiriting day.




No comments: